The Newport Private Wealth team is always growing. Browse our open positions.
Department: Wealth Management
Reports to: Senior Management
Newport Private Wealth is a leader in wealth management in Canada. We are growing and need bright and enthusiastic CFA charter holders to help us build and assist in managing the affairs of entrepreneurs and other high net worth clients. Wealth Management is a challenging and rewarding career that requires commitment to learn the many elements of personal finance, discipline to systematically build a client base over years, and the willingness to help clients achieve their personal and financial objectives.
Compensation consists initially of both a fixed and variable component gradually migrating to a variable compensation based upon performance which is unlimited. The objective is to develop a ‘book of business’ in excess of $100 million with the support of the Newport Private Wealth professional team using both traditional and leading edge asset gathering techniques.
- Learn Newport’s diversified, multi-manager investment platform.
- Build a business one client at a time.
- Serve each client with a passion.
- Draw on the skills of the Newport team to ensure each client receives the best possible counsel.
- Become conversant in all areas of personal wealth management including tax, estate, succession and retirement planning.
- Continually improve skills to better serve our clients.
- Motivated and self starting
- Goal oriented
- Enjoys being part of a focused and goal oriented team
- Ability to work cooperatively with all colleagues
- Demonstrates initiative and completion
- Professional in conduct and appearance
- Undergraduate Degree in Business or Finance.
- Successful completion of CFA designation.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a similar or related role and has successfully built a book of business.
- Strong communication, relationship development and interpersonal skills.
- Must have working proficiency with Microsoft Office including excellent Excel and Power Point presentation skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Able to work on multiple tasks with little supervision.
- Ability to meet the proficiency requirement for registration with the various securities commissions as required.
If you have the skills and enthusiasm to build a successful career in the rapidly growing and rewarding wealth management profession at Newport Private Wealth, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.